1. I need glasses but I’m too vain to wear them except when I’m driving or watching TV. I just don’t feel like me in them, although it is nice to be able to see things occasionally. If I scowl at you across a road, I’m (probably) not grumpy, I’m just squinting to see you.
2. I hate washing my thick, wavy hair. It’s such a long, drawn out palaver. But I love it when it’s clean. Oh, to be the kind of person who can just whizz it under the hairdryer and run out the door. Does that person exist?
3. I would love to swap places with Lucy Worsley for a day. Wouldn’t be fun being clever for a living and getting to poke about in all those old buildings? She also has the most enviable hair and wardrobe. I’ve tried to imitate the hair, but it doesn’t really work so well on me (see point 2 above).
4. My house is often very messy and my children don’t always behave beautifully. I’d rather only share the good moments. I realise that by doing this I’m perpetuating the Instagram/blogging myth that everyone has a beautiful and perfect life, but that’s ok isn’t it? I think we all know by now that even the most beautiful photos have a heap of old junk pushed just out of shot. Or maybe that is just me after all.
5. I find it easy to justify spending money on clothes, but stint on shoes. I’m beginning to think it should be the other way round. I’m always the one in the beautiful dress with the scuffed old boots covered in mysterious stains. I think I find it hard because I usually find pretty shoes uncomfortable, and spending money on sensible shoes is just too sensible.
I’d love it if you’d like to join in with me on this. Do tag me in and share your five things either on your blog, or on Instagram!